Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"The Walking Dead" by Mess'rs Kirkman, Adlard and Rathburn: A Book Review

Now these people know how a corpse should behave.  This is actually the second compendium of awesome zombie rotten-ness.  I admit that this series of graphic novels took a while to click with me.  I initially didn't like Adlards art which I now view as nothing short of epic, and the premise I thought was a bit video-game inspired and an not good way.  I do not like the comatose amnesiac protagonist as being creatively lazy.  That aside the question is asked - in a world gone nuts to what ends would you go in order to survive?  And apparently to these three men its a wide open smorgasbord (now there's a Scandinavian innovation I can support!) of human depravity.  Cannibalism, murder, rape, wanton pillaging ... turns out humans are far more disgusting than the undead.  Its layered, complex, and gross all in one - Love It!!

No comments:

Post a Comment