Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"Handling the Undead" by John Ajvide Lindqvist: A Book Review

Did not care for this book.  Dour, dull Swedes are all the literary rage since "the girl with the dragon tattoo" foisted its boring depressing craptastic writing on an unsuspecting America.  Lindqvist (how droll - spelled with a "qv" rather than a "qu", reinforcing how Swedish this guy really is) is touted as the Scandinavian Stephan King and a "master philosopher of the horror genre."  I always said what the horror genre needed was a philosopher to put all the gory killings in perspective for me.  Enter one John Ajvide Lindqvist.  This book promised a "humanistic take" on zombies; when I think rotting shambling brain munching corpses I think whats missing is the humanism in all the brain eating.  I never thought I'd hate zombies until I read this book.  Be forewarned these zombies get down and...dance.  What!?

No comments:

Post a Comment